Now, I understand that some people have the idea that pleasure interferes with work. Indeed in some offices, the bosses adopt a type of mindset towards fun that really stifles many things. While doing this they also unknowingly stifle productivity and happiness at work. But in addition, there are organizations where leaders have a positive attitude towards pleasure. This optimistic attitude creates a fascinating work environment which greatly improves productivity. Fun in the workplace if well-managed has quite a few benefits. But what’s your position? How do you reconcile the two? Are there any ways in which you can have fun and still stay productive? Let us consider five approaches which could help blend workplace productivity and fun.
1. You can have episodes of pleasure throughout the intervals where your work care is reduced. Most people can only concentrate on one or two hours and they require a rest. You are able to work in bursts to boost your productivity and have periods of fun. You need to make the best use of your high-energy periods to ensure high productivity. This allows you to have breaks for pleasure, rest without negatively impacting your productivity. Do not you think so?
2. You may also infuse fun into work and this produces enjoyment as you stay productive. Why don’t you bring fun into your meetings, discussions, seminars, training sessions, communications? Haven’t you noticed some things practice this? When supervisors take the lead towards a fun-filled office the subordinates follow suit. Communication channels such as emails can be filled with humorous quotes, stories, and other very interesting lines. Your officers will, of course, open their emails at several times and appreciate themselves accordingly. You just have to be wise to not overdo it.
3. Endeavor to make fun by having miniature celebrations at the office. Such occasions can be correctly timed and full of fun. You can, for example, have plenty of fun while celebrating the achievements of different categories. Why don’t you try this out? Can not you have great fun whilst recognizing your best sales representative for the year? What about recognizing the funniest person or rather the most tough-faced person in the corporation?
4. Set for yourself a sustainable pace and you can be productive while having fun. Fun may also signify a relaxed, pleasurable and joyous environment. You do not have to move at breakneck speed for you to be productive. Speed and productivity are two distinct things even though they are somehow related. You can work smart and attain high productivity while having fun.
5. Other kinds of re-energizing yourself such as walking around can also make certain you stay relaxed while being productive. Do not forget also that keeping yourself refreshing through having sufficient sleep is good for your productivity. I am not advocating for sleeping at the office though. I guess all of us know the right places and hours. Don’t we?
As I conclude, let me say that pleasure begins in the mind. You will need an ideal attitude towards work and fun, for you to reconcile both. You can have fun and achieve high productivity. Fun is great for almost any working environment as long as it’s controlled and properly handled. You might have heard about Sir Richard Branson’s approach to fun at work. Does it surprise you that many of the businesses have high productivity and additionally profitability? You can also consider similar approaches to your own organization.